Styling 11th November

Styling 11th November

In styling today we had to create some interesting SS14 inspired looks with what little we had to use, I was one of the stylists in the group and decided with that we had I could create a glamorous, edgy, high end fashion outfit from a red dress we turned into a floaty top. The outfit was inspired by the Queens guards, structure and authority was important, we wanted others to feel intimidated by the boldness of choices in the outfit.

image

Another look I created we used double denim, cowgirl boots and a scarf to create a typical cowgirl originated look. However, I added edge to the outfit by turning the oversized denim shirt into a cropped top, I then rolled the sleeves up, and rolled the jeans up to create a slightly more tailored look. The idea was to take a country girl out the country and place her into the heart of London, we shot the photos in a typical ‘British’ style lounge area, brown leather sofas, union jacks, brick walls… We incorporated country by using a log for a clutch bag… we named it ‘Yves Saint Log-ent’, which had us in hysterics for a good ten minutes.

image (1)